Thursday, March 17, 2005

Of letters and knots - Part II

Listening to: nEvErMInD ThE BoLlOCks, HErE'S tHe SeX pIsToLS

Yesterday was not only about chilling out watching the advance screening of a popcorn movie. It included going to the laundry during the day -- always an awful experience. I should have known better but when it comes to laundry sometimes you just don't have a choice. Personally, I like to go to the Laundromat at one or two in the morning, when the place is free of running, screaming, crying kids, free of mothers spending 2 hours on the too few folding tables, folding the entire clothing collection of their whole families. At two in the morning, you don't have to wait for a dryer or a table. But yesterday was a busy day and laundry couldn't wait the night. I put some money on the laundry card, and then filled the machine with my socks and sexy underwear, and prepared the detergent and when it came down to insert the card in the machine I realized that I had forgotten it (along with the $7.50 that were on it) in the slot of the card machine. Of course, somebody had kept it and I had just took my home keys and just enough money so I had to return home to get a few dollars to pay for a new card and put money on it again. Naturally, there were also running, screaming, crying kids and sulky mothers spending 2 hours on the too few folding tables, folding the entire clothing collection of their whole families. Doing the laundry on daytime? NEVER AGAIN.

Yesterday was also about going to the agency in the late morning to check out that letter.

Inside the white envelope was a blue single page letter and on the blue single page letter it said... well, it didn't say no, which was a good thing. The Immigration didn't turn down my request. But you could tell they weren't totally convinced either and they made that very clear in very few, straight to the point words.

So they want me to write them to explain the whys and the how comes. Sure I can do that. I can write a letter.

They must receive the letter before May 30th which means that, at least, I can stay that long without being illegal. I bought myself some time (as well as a loadful of stress in the couple of hours following the opening of the letter, until the brains kicked in and clarified the situation.)


NB: I've never been illegal here. Not one minute.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home