Thursday, April 21, 2005

Well, the Elevated... again...

So it's a beautiful day and I'm going to Manhattan but, know what, I'm not even late, I have a translation assignment (hell, I have two!) and because of the sun and Spring and all girls look beautiful and seriously cut down the number of clothes layers. I'm two steps from the stairs of the Kosciusko station when I notice that Kennedy's (the local burger joint that could be my official sponsor if burger eating was a Olympic Sport -- it still can happen one day, I'll be ready) has change it's sign. The old yellow one claiming in proud red letters "Pizza and Chicken" has been replaced by a huge protuberant semi-circle thing that would perfectly fit in on Times Square.

That's when it gets interesting. Now, keep in mind this is taking the middle of a nice day and warm day in a public place.

So, I notice the huge sign and my inner voice has the French equivalent of "What the fuck?!" blocking my synapses. This happens at the exact moment when my right foot is going up after the first step of the station's stairway. Right Foot is OK, you know, not Einstein, but usually he does his jobs. Not this time though. He misses the first step. I kinda loss my balance but not totally though and immediately dispatch Left Foot to attempt to attempt an emergency landing on Sneaky Step One. Left Foot fails too. Now I'm totally out of balance, falling towards the steps at a speed that I didn't monitored accurately but that I would safely qualify of "fast enough to break your teeth on the steps." Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you that I had my hands in the pockets of my jacket and that I couldn't get them out of there. Falling headfirst, struggling to free my hands from my pockets.

I landed on the stair with the elbow. After such a landing, your vision of the world totally change. You don't see your hands as just a stuff to grab other stuff anymore. This is truly a mind blowing revelation. Do I have to tell you about how many people witnessed this and asked me if I was OK?

Shit, are you still reading this? Don't you have something better to do? Anyway, I couldn't fully stretch my right arm for 2 days.

5 Comments:

Blogger IA said...

Owwww. I'm sorry!

2:08 AM  
Blogger mar said...

ohhh

that was so funny

i am laughing too mucho

hope you to be ok


greetings and take care funny boy

2:44 AM  
Blogger angrygrrface said...

my first instinct is to ask if you're ok, but i think enough people have come to the conclusion that you are. hang in there, buddy.

6:27 PM  
Blogger mar said...

i read it again

and i am laughing again

but...hmm i forgot to ask: are you ok?

7:31 PM  
Blogger Cecyl said...

Gee... write one post of shame and public humiliation and all of a sudden you realise that people do read your stuff...

So, yeah, I'm ok now, thanks y'all. Took 2 days for my right arm to recover though.

2:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home