Friday, September 24, 2004

a bug is a bug is a bug

I hate to say this. But after having wasted quite a few hours working on this page, I give up.

The idea was to create links in the sidebar of this page. Links that would refer to books that I think are interesting. I was so frustrated when I started filling in my profile that I couldn't include all of the titles I wanted to.

It seems that the Blogger Magical Way of doing it is to create 2 blogs and somehow have them merge into one. Don't quote me on this. I must have gotten it wrong somewhere. Because it never worked.

Not that I haven't found ways to do it. I did find how to create a list of links to books I love. But it was not the way the Blogger guys taught me to do it in their "help" section. And this is very frustrating. God knows how many neurones I've lost trying to figure out why it wouldn't work when I was doing exactly what they were saying -- as well as all the possibilities in between what they recommended and total nonsense.

Shoulda worked. Don't understand.

Fuck it.

Later. I can still post links to some of my friends website, now. Coulda done that with the Books section, but the updating process would have been more laborious than the Blogger Way of Doing It.

Anyway, it's not like I'm going to revolutionize anybody's library. On the other hand, my Blogger User's Stat seems quite out of sync to me. Fuck it too.

Somehow, I haven't give up. Can't. Still thinking of ways. Still thinking of "what if." I'll go slowly. Step by step. That damn computer won't even see me coming when BAM! it'll work!! I'll have my favorite books list of links. In the sidebar. With fancy font, color and all the shit.

Step by step. Change a margin here. A font there. You'll see...

1 Comments:

Blogger IA said...

I realize that it's been six months since you tried to add a book list to your sidebar, but I don't see any books there yet, so . . . I, too, tried to set up a sub-blog for books on Blogger and got totally frustrated with it. I therefore recommend that you try allconsuming.net, which is very easy to set up, and free.

(I got to your site from a comment you posted on stellou.com.)

5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home