Tuesday, February 01, 2005

retour

During the past days for some reason I've been thinking a lot about Barton Dawes, the hero of a Stephen King's novel I read many years ago. These days, I couldn't (and still can't, I think) read nonfiction anymore. I gave up on the collection of essays on Burroughs. Now this is very unusual for me, as I always make a point of always finishing any book I start. Exceptions, I can still name them. Illusions perdues de Balzac. The Lord of the Ring, by Tolkien. And also one by Wittgenstein. Balzac and Tolkien just bored me beyond measures. As for Witty, well, to be honest, when I reached the middle of the book I had to admit I probably didn't understood more than 30% of it and it would be plain stupid to go on.

The truth is, these days I need fiction badly. So I returned to Barnes & Nobles (I'm kind of boycotting
The Strand, plus I have a special discount when I buy books at B&N) and bought Roadwork because I really needed to refresh up my old memories of Barton Dawes's story. I finished the book today.

1 Comments:

Blogger mar said...

hi there!

:)

3:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home