Monday, July 04, 2005

4th of July

I'm on the roof of my building. I was supposed to go to some friend's place near the Manhattan Bridge, on the Manhattan side of the river, but there was a problem in the organization. So I just stayed home, knowing it was too late to take the train to go to the city and find a nice place. If I was lucky, I knew maybe I could catch a sight of the fireworks while the train was crossing the Williamsburg Bridge, but after having crossed the bridge then what?

So I just climbed the fire escape ladders up to the roof. I'm far away from the River, so I couldn't see much of the big city's firework. Too many buildings. But I could see fireworks all around. In Queens, Brooklyn, maybe even further like the Bronx. And there were also plenty of fireworks sporadically launched by ordinary people. It was a strange sight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home