Friday, July 22, 2005

windy city

You've also had some of those days. I hope you did. The only way it makes sense is to believe that Jealous (God's real name according to the Good Book itself) realized that maybe he was a little heavy on you on the shit throwing and you deserve a little break of some sort.

The day I'm talking about is Thursday 21st. Thursday qualifies as the best day I had in quite a long time. Two days before, Tuesday had also been kinda good in its own way, in the shape of a letter from the Immigration graciously granting me another visa. I'm thinking about the letter I wrote them and I cannot help wonder which sentence made it possible.

But I digress. Thursday is also the day I realised I actually qualify for a Driver's Licence. I'm late when I walk up the stairs of the station on 40th street. In the middle of the stairs, two girls going down into the subway ask me if one of the trains there will take them to Soho. I said I don't know, because honestly I don't. I never go to Soho and I'm not sure I can tell which trains will bring you close to that neighborhood. And then the girls start to actually talk to me. Where am I from? How long I have been in New York? Do I know where to find work?

Our little chat is seriously slowing down the flow of people up and down the stairs so the girl walks back upstairs and we talk on the sidewalk and I give them a prolegomene to how to survive as an imigrant in NY. They are from Poland. They have incredibly beautiful blue/green eyes that hypnotise you. Their face are kind of cute, they look young but their bodies look mature plenty. It's a hot day in the city and they are wearing short skirts and viewer friendly low-necked tops. While I'm putting something back in my bag, the very short skirt of the youngest girl suddenly goes up, blown by the wind, and reveals for a couple of seconds her white laced underwear. Everybody pretends nothing happened. I told you: I'm a gentleman. They had arrived in NY only two days ago, so I gave them the basics (Village Voice, Craigslist), these kind of things.

I didn't ask for their contact info. I didn't give them mine. I should have.

Then I went to Charlie Huston's reading.

More on that later.

3 Comments:

Blogger IA said...

Ah! Congratulations on the visa!

9:01 AM  
Blogger mar said...

nice!

you got the visa!

12:39 PM  
Blogger Cecyl said...

Thank you girls! :D

1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home