Saturday, January 21, 2006

ipod update

It came back. The ipod, I mean. No explanation came with it, though. A couple days later, it simply reappeared on top of my keyboard where it is sleeping as I'm typing this, nested against the "F1/2 etc." keys. I let it there for a few more days, untouched, hesitating between putting it back in the trash myself as a matter of principle, or just put it in my pocket and use it.

I have no shame. I kept it.

And FYI: No, it doesn't even smell like garbage. Thank you.

Now stop worrying about that and show some concern about me! My beautiful self! No kidding, someone trashes an ipod, and all of a sudden I have 4 comments. 4! And at once, on the same post!!!! It's unheard of. What are you guys doing the rest of the time, hm?

Don't mind me. I'm all crabby and cranky these days. Too much work, not enough sleep.

The week has been strange, too. Took an unexpected turn. Also, I think I started smoking again. Ok: I did start smoking again. And contrary to most people, I'm cranky when I start smoking again, not when I quit. Go figure.


I caved in yesterday. I had tried to fool myself for a few days with that very old pack of dried out Winston, literally killing myself with every drag, thinking that I can kick the habit before it's over. Then I said fuck it, threw away the cigs that were left and went to a pharmacy to buy a pack of FRESH cigarettes.

They hardly taste better.

Don't worry. It won't last.

What else?...


Charlie will be reading at 7:30, Monday 23 @ Junno's Bar (64 Downing, between Varick and Bedford.)

Be there or be square!


2 Comments:

Blogger IA said...

Well, you don't post much; we have to comment on what we're given.

Besides, it was your birthday.

12:34 PM  
Blogger Nabonidus said...

Wow!Interesting!Glad the i-pod came home to you! And yep, I smoke too. Though I have quit for really long periods of time. But since my divorce, forget it.Plus the people I'm hangingaround these days all smoke. No excuse, I know.:)

11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home