Friday, February 18, 2005

The Blue Hour




Read THE CATCHER IN THE RYE, by old Salinger.

Reading a collection of short stories by O. Henry.

Because I'm bored I started working again on translating a book in French. Because I know someone who works for the publisher, I know that the book (who is already about a year old) has not been sold in France yet. Which is strange because it's not too bad a book, really. So on the one hand I'm pretty much sure that nobody else is busy translating it. On the other hand, it's very unlikely that the translation will interest any French publisher. Let's say I'm doing it for the exercice's sake. I have done three chapters so far, and it's not the first time I'm translating something and I really like that. Except when now and then you stumble upon a critical sentence or word and you spend 20 minutes on it trying to make it sound good in French without losing all the information and the tone.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ocean said...

See the movie Ghost in the Shell or better yet see Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex

12:04 AM  
Blogger Cecyl said...

Why not.

12:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home