Friday, July 29, 2005

The Restaurant

So P. came from upstate to do a one week training at Jean Georges. I'm not a big fan of top restaurants. Which is probably why Sara insisted so much to invite me there for lunch. She made a reservation through P. which also probably explains why we got so many freebies.

I arrived 10 minutes late at the Trump tower. Really, the MTA is getting on my nerves these days. I don't mind the random searches at all. But Metrocards keep getting more and more expensive and it seems that the quality of service is getting proportionally worse.

So, I arrive at the restaurant and Sara is already there of course waiting for me. We are seated immediately and the shows starts.

Don't expect details from me here guys. I can tell you it was fucking good what I ate, no matter what it was. I wish I had asked for a copy of the menu before I left. I tried to talk the nice waitress into giving me the recipes though. She said she couldn't really do that, but she could give me the recipe of that dark green sauce that come with the scallops if I beg her really hard. I would have, actually, but her shift ended before we were done eating.

We waited for P. to join us at our table at the end of her shift. Then we left and I walked her to Midtown. It was a nice day and obviously, good food and the production of endorphin are closely linked because I was feeling slightly high.

That night, even though I didn't really want to, I was so hungry that I had my usual $2.50 burger.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home