Friday, September 23, 2005

Midtown

I'm catsitting. This can be a dangerous activity, but so far, everything is fine. It's in the Upper West Side, so it's kind of a different neighborhood I'm living in right now. The other day, I had to walk crosstown from my job in the Upper East Side. I walked on 58, I think. One of the most expensive area in New York. It was a Friday night. At a cross street, a tall Asian girl with high heels, a soccer short and a see-thru top hails a cab, a white dude at her arm. The streets are dirty and there's an Asian club on the other side of the street. Drunk guys. Drunk girls. Talking outside of the club. Somebody emptied a trash on the sidewalk. Just before crossing the avenue, a trash truck almost ran over me. The black guy and I exchange a few obscenities. Then he steps on the gas, the head still out of the window, on his way to try and run over somewhere else. I'm tired. I'm pissed. There's no buses because around here everybody use the cabs I suppose. That's why I have to walk from 3rd avenue to Columbus Circle. My feet hurt. Tomorrow morning, I have to get up early to go to my other job.

Fucking assholes with fat belly and gold watches play tough. Talk loud. Take all of the sidewalk. In my neighborhood, they would stay close to the wall, look at their feet and avoid eye contact. But here it's ok, they are only blocks away from the Trump Tower. So they feel safe. Fuckers. I bump into a fat guy. He and his friends are having all of the sidewalk to themselves. I choose the biggest of them, try to squeeze in between him and a girl. He doesn't move at all so we bump and I give a little shoulder, just for the road.

I'm tired. I'm pissed. I want to smack someone's head against a wall. All those people disgust me. My bag is heavy on my shoulder. SICK OF IT ALL is blaring in the CD player. Around here, everybody has iPod. I want a fucking iPod too.

I get home. Take off my shoes. My feet hurt from walking all day. Take a shower. Sleep a few hours. Tomorrow is Saturday, I have to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home