Friday, February 03, 2006

Lost post

This computer is so dead. Fucking piece of cheap crap. Fucking ingrate!

Got a blue screen as I was writing. Had to reboot.

The thing that worries me is something like that. This computer is way too unstable now. It's way too old. It's way too fucking slow.


Also, sometimes I have those puzzling messages when a green arrow icon pops up in the toolbar, and a window error window open, telling me that I shouldn't disconnect something without ejecting it through Windows first. You know the type. When it's about a printer or a scanner, it's ok. Even if you haven't unplugged shit, you can just shrug it off. But when the message is about one of your hard drives, telling you that, really, you shouldn't unplug your hard drive when the computer is running... it gives a scary feeling and you start emailing work files to yourself because even the fucking CD burner is not reliable.

So, yeah, fuck this shit. I'm getting myself a new computer if I have to eat chinese take-out for the next 2 months.

2 Comments:

Blogger IA said...

Yeah, drive failure is not cool.

But when your computer crashed and you lost the post you were working on, did you try using the "recover post" thingy in Blogger? It's a relatively new feature.

12:30 AM  
Blogger Cecyl said...

The "recover post" feature saved my ass a couple times already, but there was nothing it could do this time. Even looked through the Internet Temporary Files...

8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home