Friday, October 22, 2004

feel like shit... deja vu

It felt so good to walk on the campus of Columbia today... It's a city campus, ok. Nothing comparable to Grenoble, but still. The air smelled good, the buildings looked beautiful, with the most beautiful word in the world carved on some of them: Library. I could swear I felt a neurone move.

It is clear now that my boss is (in no particular order): an asshole, an alcoholic, a hustler. He is a "little man." It's hard to admit because, usually, I do not bite the hand that feeds me. No matter how little. But there's so much crap a man can take before breaking a bottle on the head of an abusing bipede. The list of people pushing me and trying to take advantage of me when I am not in a position to have any patience for this shit is getting uncannily longer every month. Maybe it's time to make an example of one of them.

The good thing about assholes (and most probably their only reason for existing) is that they mobilize your survival instincts. I've thus spent 10+ hours work today in YOU CAN'T BRING ME DOWN mode.

"Did you say, Feel like shit? yeah, sometimes I do feel like shit. I ain't happy about that but I'd rather feel like shit than be full of shit." (Suicidal Tendencies, "You Can't Bring Me Down." LP: Light, Camera, Revolution)

I understand more and more why reading Wilhelm Reich a few years ago was such a traumatizing experience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home