Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Sunday

So Sunday, I got into an argument with my boss. It would take too long to explain it all here. I'd need to tell you about my boss, about the restaurant, about the customers we don't have etc etc. So, suffice it to say that... I was right and he was wrong. Well, if you want the other side of the story, why don't you read HIS blog!

But that's beyond the point. Of course I was right! Everybody can tell you that. And if they don't, it just proves my point even more: they're wrong.

Bast! So my friend Vanessa came for the night from Philadelphia and she's sleeping on my bed by the time I have yelled loud and long enough under the windows to get someone open the front door for me since I gave her my keys. Grabbed a blanket and sheet and slept on the floor... but of course it was only 2 o'clock and I couldn't put any music on or read the newspapers online or watch dumb infocommercials so I brought the lamp over to my Spartan new bed and read. The last thing I notice before falling asleep are the blue and red lights flashing through the windows. And sure enough five minutes later the Firemen are knocking on our door.

These guys, they come so often in this building that we're just going to give them a spare key. This time, it's the neighbor from downstairs who reported a leak coming down on the wall where the circuit breaker is. Or something like that. Firemen come so often here that they feel like they haven't left their fire station. One is checking the fridge. Another one seize the opportunity to give us back a video tape he took on his last visit. We enquire about the well-being of their family, their dogs and their bankers. How much everyone lost betting on the Yankees. We shoot the shit. Nothing unusual. See ya guys!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home