Sunday, October 31, 2004

Friday

Friday was an incredibly busy night at the restaurant. There is really some change now that we have Franck as a PR guy. If he keeps bringing people who pay 200% tips, I won't have to keep worrying that much about dough again. So Friday, I counted my tips and realized that, at Rent Time - 2 days, I finally gathered together just enough money to pay the rent. It felt good. Still does. These last two months have been by far the most difficult I had since I'm in the City.

Still some tensions with my boss, though. It would suck that he fires me now that business SEEMS to finally be taking off.

Wednesday I had lunch with Professor R. He was my university professor in France, then returned to NY and he is now working on a new book. Sometimes, someone should lock my keyboard so that I can't send emails. Professor R. expressed his concern and wanted to know how I was doing. It must have been late when I replied, or I was exhausted, or I got carried away. Anyway, I started listing the major current issues and when he replied to this email, I clearly saw that I had worried the poor man beyond reason. This man is a Johnson, in the Burroughsian sense of the term. Someone you can count on. Someone who minds his own business but who will help you because you need it, without asking for anything in exchange. No mystico-religious bullshit either. This guy is not trying to ensure he'll get a good seat in heaven. Thank you, Professor. God probably won't give it back to you, but I will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home