Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Of Hard Drives and Men

So I have this not-too-crappy-but-not-that-great computer that they wanted to throw away at my ex-job in publishing, and that I saved from a certain destruction and fixed. I added a hard drive but somehow the cable was too short. The whole cabling would need a reorganization in there, but I never had the heart to start the job. Also, for my defense, I would say that I was not sure whether the extra hard drive was in working condition or not, so I just plugged it and put it on the speaker of the stereo next to the open unit. It was supposed to be just a test, but it stayed there. And I've got those "Spanish" candles (those in a long glass) and the other day one of them fell off the table and landed right onto the extra hard drive.

It didn't like it at all. Since then, whenever I use it, it keeps making these strange crr-crr-crrrr sounds that I don't think hard drives were meant to make. I have been lucky though. I have not lost any data, I think. At least, nothing important.


The boss was surprisingly easy-going tonight. Also, there was not a single customer tonight, so no reason to get all excited.

Also, I've been in Laundry Denial Mode for too long now. I wanted to go tonight but... you know... it's warm inside, the music feels good, the light is dim enough to feel comfy. Why the fuck should I go out in the cold and carry a heavy bag of stinky clothes to a noisy place all lit up with merciless neons?!

But tomorrow... oh, yes... tomorrow, I'll go. Like I have the choice...

There must be something more important to write about. But obviously I won't find it tonight... And I still have to start working on that other blog about writers...

The way things go (or rather, don't) the horizon of my life looks like a beautiful dead end street and there's nothing I can seem to find to keep my eyes from seeing anything else.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cheinara said...

Hey now, take heart. :( It's not so bad, you know?

5:06 PM  
Blogger mar said...

Hey, when i have problems with that kind of stuff, the best medicine is music..well in fact i think music it´s a good remedy for a lot of pains. I saw youu visited my blog it is a shame that i dont write it in english even when i like to share. Anyway i can read you and we can recommend each other good medicine bands!! lol.

So sad the end love story of noir desir :(, but the music is so alive!!, greeting from México!

2:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home