Wednesday, November 03, 2004

D'Oh!

D'Oh, indeed...
But hey, son cosas de la vida... As if politics could change anything anyway...
Last night went out for a bite with Sara. Even though it was way too early, she decided to give me my birthday present right away and so I came back home later that night with a very very nice sober, simple and elegant Kenneth Cole watch. Hadn't have a watch in years. I think there's a message behind that. Something like, "Now if you're ever late again I'll kill you!"
I left her at the subway station in the West Village and started to walk towards Times Square and then thought I really really didn't want to be in Times Square tonight so I went to Union Square instead, hoping for some action but the scene was dead.
Before I arrived home I hesitated for a while over buying one of Kennedy's madly delicious double cheeseburger. What a strange country where you can wear a heavy watch at your wrist and still have to worry about being able to afford a double cheeseburger or not...
When I arrived home the map of the US was already pretty much all red and no matter what HST wrote earlier that day, it didn't look good to me.
At first, I had given Bush the winner. But then, reading HST's text I thought, "Maybe this guy has spent most of his life trying to kill his brains cells, he still covered more US Presidential Elections than you did -- plus he is an incorrigible gambler. So why not?"
Why not, indeed...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home